Friday, September 5, 2014

Confetti Wishes Colors for Color Dare #109

Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge post!  Welcome also to new members of our Design Team:  Donna, Catherine, Peachy and Tina!  We have 6 bright and cheery Close To My Heart colors for you to design with this week: Canary, Thistle, Pacifica, Lagoon, Crystal Blue and Pear.  These colors can be found in the new Confetti Wishes paper pack.  You may substitute similar colors if you don't have these CTMH colors yet and you may combine them with neutrals such as black, white, greys and tans.  The challenge is to use ALL 6 of these colors in the same papercrafted creation!  Are you up to the challenge?


I could have taken out the Confetti Wishes paper and made a lovely card but I wanted to challenge myself to just use all of these colors.  The butterfly is from the "Love This"stamp set.  The card size fits a business sized envelope--4" x 8.75".


The butterflies were stamped with Black Ink and then "fussy cut" and adhered to the paper.  A Black Shin Han Touch Marker was used to color the butterfly bodies and antennae.  

Close To My Heart products used:
      White Daisy CS
      Black CS
      Kraft CS
      Love This stamp set
      Banner Wishes stamp
      Shin Han Touch Black Marker
      Lagoon CS
      Thistle CS
      Pear CS
      Crystal Blue CS
      Pacifica CS
      Canary CS
      Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel--retired unfortunately!

We hope you find time to meet our challenge this week.  Please use a direct link to enter the challenge and view our Design Team entries here.

I'm also entering this card into the Designer's Choice Birthday Challenge at The House That Stamps Built and Seize the Birthday.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie





5 comments:

sarahstone said...

This is exactly the way I wanted to use these colors, but I wasn't as successful as you. I will post my picture in a bit. I love your butterflies!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Oh what a great combination!The Kraft and black are the perfect backdrop for the butterflies...and unfortunately retired is right! I am on my last bottle of stardust! Happy birthday, Stamping Queen! :)

shirley-bee said...

Pretty card - love those glittered butterfly wings! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

Susie W. said...

Oh, so pretty! Love how you've used your pops of color on the butterflies!
Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

G Eileen Studios said...

I love your beautiful butterflies, Marie. They really pop against the kraft paper! I too miss that glitz gel. I will cry when I empty my bottle! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...