Thursday, January 19, 2012

H2H and Fantabulous Cricut Challenges using Art Philosophy

I'm entering these cards into 2 different challenges this week. The first is H2H challenge where we are to use CTMH colors Amethyst and Crystal Blue and add some "bling". The second challenge is from Fantabulous Cricut where we are to create something with a snowman or snowflake. I used the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge to cut out the snowflakes and ovals and added Clear Sparkles as the snowflake centers. The greeting is from D1187 For Every Occasion (retiring as of Feb. 1, 2011). I used both Versamark ink and Crystal Blue ink at the same time so I could clear emboss the greeting without having to stamp it twice!. The oval cutout is popped up by a layer of chipboard underneath.


Here is what the card looked like before I added the oval cutout:


Which card do you like better and why? I'm looking forward to your opinion. Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Allisa said...

I am loving the stepped up card with the oval cut out! Thanks for joining us at H2H!

Allisa-DT
http://rockymtnpapercrafts.blogspot.com

Ann said...

Very cute cards. I like them both but my favorite is the one with the oval & snowflakes. It just adds something so much more to it. Thanks for playing along with us at H2H

Haley D. said...

They are both pretty! I like the simplicity of the clean & simple version, and the oval framed card pops. Thanks for taking the H2H color challenge!

Amber said...

I like the one with the oval best, although it gives such a different feel that it's almost not fair to compare them! Beautiful work. I am adding you to my blog list. http://ctmh-amber.blogspot.com

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

What a FUNN idea to stamp in ink and versamark simultaneously! Even with the ease of using clear stamps - short cuts rule! Thanks for playing and contributing a cute card to H2H!

Paige Dolecki said...

Marie -

I love the snowflakes card - anything with negatives is interesting to look at and very trendy right now! Thanks for sharing your art and joining us at Heart2Heart Challenges this week!

Paige - DT
www.PaigesPaperParadise.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

What a fun cad. The snowflakes--look great! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...