Thursday, January 12, 2012

Card for Day 1 of Online Card Class

After making the previously posted Thinking of You card with tone on tone dimension I then used the negative remnant from the dragonflies to make a card from Day 1 by Maille Belles. This card is 6 x 6 to accomodate the dragonfly strip. In her example Maille used markers to color her negative image in stripes (and also suggested stamping) but I prefer the simplicity of the shapes themselves. The strip is raised by 3D Foam Tape. The greeting is from CTMH D1444 "A Little Thanks". The ink is CTMH Spring Iris. I love being able to use diecut negatives and not throwing anything away. (Please excuse the shadow over the right hand side--I was trying to photograph using natural light near a window and I think I got an inadvertent shadow from a tree branch)


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty. This card is beautiful in it's simplicity. You did great! :-)

Jennifer Payami said...

Super Cute! I love images in 3's!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...