Friday, July 22, 2016

Color Dare #203 Meets Case This Sketch #182

Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge blog post!  This week our challenge is to use all and only the following Close to My Heart colors:  Crystal Blue, Sorbet, Canary and White Daisy.  (If you don't have these Close to My Heart colors yet you can substitute similar colors so you can still join in on the fun!)

My card features an old wood stamp set called Leafy Treetops.  I chose it because it fits into the Case this Sketch #182 shape so well.  Here is the first card I created:


Here is a second version of the card with more white on the sentiment strip:


Which one do you like better?

     Sorbet CS
     Honey CS  (I couldn't locate my Canary CS and had to substitute a similar                  color)
     White Daisy CS
     Crystal Blue Ink
     Leafy Treetops stamp (retired)
     3D Foam Tape

Other product:
    White Gloss Nuvo Crystal Drops 

Here is the color graphic for Color Dare #203:


Please click here to check out what the rest of the fabulous Design Team has to inspire you.

This is the sketch that inspired my card:



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie


12 comments:

Donna said...

Very pretty card! Love how you stamped the leaves under the sentiment.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love the colours you used! Great take on the sketch!

Monica said...

How simple and pretty is this creation. I love the colour scheme as well.

I am now your latest follower and happier for it. I read your About Me page and I liked the first line where you say, life is getting better all the time. Great approach, that.

Happy crafting and nice to meet you,

Monica

Anonymous said...

OK, ok, if you insist...I think both cards are great but I like the sentiment on card 2. The leafy scroll is perfect for the challenge.

P.G. Lamb said...

This card is so sweet and pretty!!!

sarahstone said...

Great take on the sketch! It's better than mine ;) I like the second one best!

Cat Nowak said...

I like both versions ~ but I think the second one makes the sentiment pop a bit more. I like that leaf stamp.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I love the CAS cards...yours is beautiful as were all the others. I have to learn to make CAS cards instead of spending and worrying about how much can go on a card. I have gone to the A2 cards which I used to always go with the 5 x 7 cards. So next will be CAS, next week, I think...lol

Michelle said...

Love your card and the way you used the sketch and colors. Great just b!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I like your stamp choice and the colors are so vibrant!

Dana Simone-Kurtz said...

I like the second card because it accentuates the sentiment. :) The simplicity works really well too. Thank you!

G Eileen Studios said...

My first thought was heart, but it definitely fits the CAS shape! Lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...