Friday, April 22, 2016

Color Dare #190 Joins Retrosketch #211

Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge post!  This week we are challenging you to create something using the following Close to My Heart colors:  Ruby, Gypsy, Honey, Pear and Colonial White.


(If you don't have any of these CTMH colors yet you may substitute with a similar color so you can still join us in our gallery).


     Colonial White CS
     Ruby CS
     Kaleidacolor paper
     Your Beautiful Self stamps
     Say it All stamps
     Gypsy Ink
     Ruby Ink
     Honey Ink
     Sponge Daubers
     Hemp Twine (retired)

Before I sponged the background panel I applied a piece of washi tape to mask off the Colonial White background so I could stamp my greeting.

My card was inspired by Retrosketch #211:


Now it's your turn to get creative--how will you use all and only these challenge colors?  Come check out what the rest of the fabulous Color My Heart Color Dare Design Team has to inspire you.

Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity! Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie




6 comments:

Donna said...

Nice card! Love the background behind the butterflies.

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty! Love the butterflies and great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Retro Sketches!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the sponging of these colors on your background and the stamping of the beautiful butterflies. I'll have to try this technique because I'm not comfortable with water coloring and this looks just as rich. Beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Pretty card. I love how you created your background. I personally have not had much luck with sponging the background. You have inspired me to give it another try.

Dana Simone-Kurtz said...

I love how you included the Honey...not too overwhelming.

P.G. Lamb said...

Marie, I love the delicate pastels in your background! So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...