Thursday, March 28, 2013

Color Dare #36--Claire Colors--Blush, Hollyhock, Sunset and Outdoor Denim

Thank you, Sarah Stone, for coming up with another great color challenge!  This week's Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge uses the colors found in the new Close To My Heart paper pack called Claire (Blush, Hollyhock, Sunset and Outdoor Denim).  This is one of my favorite new color packs from Close To My Heart.  My first card features a floral panel from Claire, 1.5" circles from Sunset, Holllyhock and Blush cardstocks and a Bamboo background.  The Outdoor Denim flower overlays were cut with the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I cut apart Colonial White Rosette Ribbon and used it as the flower centers on the right.  The vertical stripe is CTMH new Slate Polka Dot Washi tape.  The greeting in the lower right corner is from Perfect Fit--Birthday.  I applied some Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel (my favorite embellishment!) to parts of the flowers in the left panel.


My next card uses white as a neutral color with a Hollyhock randomly stamped background.  I chose the round medallion type stamps from the Artiste Cricut Collection Kudos stamps as it reminded me of the Doily theme on the main panel.  The Outdoor Denim panel  was dry embossed and distressed to expose the white core of the cardstock.  I cut out one flower from the Claire paper and popped it up from the Hollyhock strip with 3D Foam Tape and glittered it with Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel


We would love to have you join us in this challenge!  Just link up your papercrafted creation to Color My Heart Color Dare by Thursday evening, April 4 by 9PM CST.  Check out what the rest of the Design Team has created for this challenge.  They would be thrilled if you would comment on their work too!


Oops!  I almost forgot to mention that there is a prize for the winner this week:
Hollyhock  Zipper Lace and Blue and Green Epoxy sparkles:



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie


5 comments:

canadian_liner said...

LOVE your hand-made embelly flowers on the first card! So pretty with the ruffled ribbon, and using the washi tape, to echo the subtle dots of the Claire paper is perfect. Love the embossed doilies on the second card.

Becca-expressions said...

Ooooo...LOVE how you used the rosettes to create the flower centers. And I'm with you on the glitz gel! Such a fun, easy embellishment. Great job this week!!

sarahstone said...

I like the way you made the layered flowers on your first card. Very creative! Both your cards are great. Good job!

Pam said...

Nice job this week. Like the combination of products used on this birthday card. Of course rosette flowers are wonderful.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

The rosette ribbon is so adorable like this! I am really loving the combo of washi with Claire! NICE!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...