Thursday, March 21, 2013

Color Dare #35--Sky, Buttercup and Blush

The challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare this week is to use the following Close To My Heart colors:  Sky, Buttercup and Blush (you may substitute a similar color if you don't have these CTMH colors).  My first cousin just joined the "grandmother club" and I used these colors to make her a congratulations card.  I also added the neutral color Grey Wool (retired CTMH).   The balloons were cut using the Artiste cartridge (page 70 accent 3 at 1.75") and mounted onto White Daisy CS.  A little bit of Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel was added to the cutout portion of each balloon.  The balloon strings were stamped with the accessory stamps that come with the Artiste package.  (If you are a cricut lover and you don't have Artiste or Art Philosophy yet you should seriously consider making this purchase from my website here.)  The "Congrats" greeting is also from the Artiste stamp collection.  I used a very old D.O.T.S. wooden stamp called Daisy Sprinkle to fill in some of the white space on the panel (and also to cover up a grey wool smudge!).


Come on over and check out what the rest of the Color Dare Design Team has come up with.  Their artwork never disappoints!  Please consider joining in this fun challenge--submit your papercrafted creation to ColorMyHeartColorDare.Blogspot.com by Thursday, March 29 at 9PM CST.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

5 comments:

Pam said...

Nice card that I would enjoy receiving for any type of celebration. Love the balloons.

canadian_liner said...

Congrats to your cousin! I love seeing DT members' creations--something new is always high-lighted, like the cute balloons with the cut-out and the string stamp!? I need to review that Artiste cartridge more closely! Very sunny card, Marie.

sarahstone said...

I love how you showcased these colors, Marie! I wanted to use the Cricut myself, but couldn't figure out how, so I'm glad you did. And it was very creative of you to cover up a smudge with confetti stamps! Great job!

Carol L said...

Congrats to your cousin for joining such a wonderful "club!" She's going to love receiving this fun card with all those pretty balloons!

Becca-expressions said...

Cute card, and it will be much appreciated by the new grandma!! I'm so with you on the Cricut. I bought a bunch of cartridges and hardly ever used them. Then I got Artiste and Art Philosophy and I can't stop!! I also love seeing all the inspiration from the CTMH community because it inspires me even more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...