Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Monochromatic Watercolors

The "Can You Case It?" challenge blog has an interesting sketch this week and I used my new watercolor paints from Close to My Heart to make this card:


It needed some more sparkle so I added some sequins:


Which do you like better?

     Watercolor paints
      Metallic CS (retired)
      Belated Birthday
      Black Ink
      Versamark Ink
      Clear Detail Embossing Powder

Other products
     Sequins

Are you wondering what the object under Happy Birthday is?  It looks like a crown to me.  It was actually a boo boo which I decided to keep.  I had intended to stamp the word "belated" with a ^ but I put the acrylic stamp on the block backwards and got the "crown".  It works for me and hope it gave you all a good laugh!

Here is the sketch that inspired me:

CYCI#89

I'm also entering this into the Hiding in My Craft Room challenge to make something "Monochromatic". 

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie




3 comments:

Dawn Fields said...

Hello Marie! Very pretty birthday card. I love the addition of the sequins; a little sparkle always works! Your boo boo looks like it belongs there; definitely works for me! Thanks for joining us at CYCI! Dawn

Marisa Gunn said...

Love your watercolor background! The sequins are a nice accent too. Thanks for playing along at Can You Case It.

Laurie HIMCR said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

Hiding in My Craft Room
~Laurie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...