Monday, October 26, 2015

Halloween Votive Holders for Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Fright Night

This week's challenge at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog is "Fright Night" and we hope you can play along with us here.  Our randomly selected prize winner will receive a $15 Gift Certificate to the SVG Attic.

Halloween is quickly approaching and I wanted to use Design Space to create some home decor items.  Once I figured out that I could use a basic box shape from the CTMH Artiste cartridge and weld some Halloween images from the CTMH Artbooking cartridge I couldn't stop creating these cute votive holders!  The first picture was taken with the flickering battery operated votive candles in the dark.


Here is what they look like in daylight:


     Eggplant CS
     Black CS
     Colonial White CS
     Sunset CS
     Slate CS
     Black Ink
     Pastel Vellum (retired)
     Vellum (retired)
     Black Ink
     Black marker to color the bat
     
Other products
    Recollection Shimmer White Gold CS (moon)
    Plastic wrap (to create "texture" around the skull and crossbones image

I'm also entering this Halloween project into the following challenges:
     Friday Mashup--Halloween theme
     Heart2Heart--Use a Cricut cut
     Bitten by the Bug--use a bat on your project

Would you like to have these Design Space cutting files?  If so, just leave me a comment with your email address and I will be happy to send it to you.

Head on over to the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog to check out what the rest of the fabulous Design Team has to share with you.  We hope that you will be able to play along with our challenge and join in on the fun.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

15 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful Halloween luminaries. I have the CTMH cartridges. I would like the files. Thank you. My email address is and sub symbols for the words in parens & no blanks:
sunshine_honeybee2004 (at sign) yahoo (dot) com
My hubby finished carving the styofoam pumpkin for this yr & I'll post photos soon.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Wanda said...

Marie these are so amazing! I remember back in the day my mom would do this with brown lunch bags to line our walk way. I would love the files for DS, thank you so much for offering! my email is wandatensen@yahoo.ca

Unknown said...

I love these votive holders! Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart!

Lauren said...

What a fantastic Halloween décor idea- thanks for sharing it with us at H2H!

Norma said...

Fabulous luminaries and great on a mantel. Thank you for joining us over at Friday Mashup.
Hugs,
Norma

Heidi Baks said...

These are so fun, Marie! Thanks for sharing on the Friday Mashup this week.

Susan Edwards said...

Marie, your Halloween votive holders are darling!! Great use of those CTMH cartridges!!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at BBTB2!

Alyson Mayo said...

Terrific Halloween decor! Such an awesome idea. Thanks for sharing your project with us at Heart 2 Heart.

Melissa Robinson said...

These are too cute and too much fun! GREAT JOB! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

Lisa said...

These are so fun, love them! Great Halloween project!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

TY Marie for sharing the file. I made the Haunted House and am posting to my blog soon.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Caroline said...

These are such festive votive holders and look great lit up and also not lit. Great job! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Karla Yungwirth said...

Oh, these are awesome! Love this idea!

moknowsall said...

Love the look when these boxes are lit. great idea for Halloween. thanks for entering our challenge this week at BBTB2. you can send the file to me at mo sala AT pacbell.net

maureen

Brandi said...

Awesome idea, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...