Many thanks to Adeline Brill who set up this event! There are 40 Close To My Heart consultants sharing artwork using this brand new Artbooking Cricut cartridge just released by Close To My Heart. Each week we will share 1 of 4 items (2 page layout, minibook, card or home decor or giftable item). This is a circular hop so you can start anywhere. If you are coming from Pam Ellison's blog you are on the right track. (We love it when you leave us comments!)
The first item I will share with you is a "giftable item"--it is a chocolate holder with 4 slots.
View of the Inside:
View of the Outside:
View with Ghirardelli Chocolates:
Would you like to know how I made this? If so, read on. If not please go to Shalana Glass' blog to see another fabulous Artbooking project.
2. For Always paper--cut 2 pieces at 3 1/4" by 4 1/8" and adhere to inside of photo mat.3. For Always paper--cut 1 piece 6 1/4" x 12". "Valley" score at 3" and 9". turn paper over and "Mountain" score at 6". Next score your paper from the other direction at 4" to form the pocket bottom. Use really strong adhesive to secure the pockets--I used red liner tape 1/4" wide (Recollections Adhesive Tape available at Michaels). Be sure to place the tape close to the edges so the chocolates will fit inside.
4. Silver Shimmer Trim--peel off the liner and attach to the bottom edge of the outside part of For Always paper so it will show through the cutout hearts.
5, Attach tiny white rick rack (from sewing stash) or other embellishment.
6. Attach accordion folded piece to the front and back covers. (I used the red liner tape again as those chocolates can place stress on the paper)
7. Insert chocolates--I used Ghirardelli squares as they are fairly flat and the individual packages will fit inside nicely.
8. Wrap with 18" of ribbon and tie a bow (I like the look of picot edge ribbon but you could easily use Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon)
Would you like to WIN this chocolate holder? Sign up to become a follower of my blog AND leave me a comment on this post saying that you want to win this sample and that you are following my blog. I will randomly select a winner on Sunday, August 11 at 8PM EST and post it to my blog for the second Artbooking post.
Please go to Shalana Glass' blog to see another fabulous Artbooking project.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!