Sunday, August 11, 2013

Artbooking in August #2

Welcome back to week 2 of Artbooking in August series!

  

If you have come from Pam Ellison's blog you are on the right track! If you get lost you can go here to get back on track.

This week I am featuring cards. Last week I shared a giftable item with you which you can see here.  I was inspired to create these 2 cards from looking at the remnants of cuts I made for the front and back covers of my project.

My cards: 


My inspiration for the cards:


How I transferred the negative cuts onto White Daisy cardstock--Tombow adhesive applied.

Next place a piece of White Daisy CS over top and press hard.




Lift off and you have new card elements to use!

Card #1:



Materials Used:
Outdoor Denim CS
White Daisy CS
Ruby CS
Blush CS
Artbooking pg. 84 Photo Mat 2 Shift cut at Real Dial Size 4"
Artbooking pg.48 Title Shift cut at Real Dial Size 2.5"
Artbooking pg. 47 Title cut at Real Dial size 1"

Card #2: 



Materials Used:
For Always Paper
White Daisy CS
Ruby CS
Metallic CS (retired CTMH)
Artbooking pg. 84 Photo Mat 2 Shift cut at Real Dial Size 4"
Artbooking pg.48 Title Shift cut at Real Dial Size 2.5"
Artbooking pg. 47 Title cut at Real Dial size 1"

Which card do you like best? I would love to hear from you with a comment below.  Please go see what Shalana Glass has to share with you.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!  Please stop by later  to see what the new Heart 2 Heart challenge will be.
:) Marie

p.s. Josie0602 please contact me at mflayer at comcast dot net as you won the prize from last week.

9 comments:

Polly said...

There's so much we can do with the negative cuts! Thanks for sharing what you did. Cute cards

Unknown said...

PERFECT! I love your use of the negatives here!

Deb Killian said...

I just love these cards! I love how easy Artbooking makes card creating with the WOW factor!

Betty Locco said...

Love your technique. Every time I cut an overlay I look at the mat and think how neat it would be to transfer the "negative" areas onto another layout or card. I have not tried it yet but I will definitely attempt it next time I cut an overlay.

Paige Dolecki said...

Marie -

You clever, clever girl! I absolutely LOVE how you simply added adhesive WHILE the pieces were still on the mat to create these cards! I would never get that many tiny hearts lined up perfectly and your way is just genius! Thanks for sharing!

Paige
www.Stampologist.com

Rebecca said...

Love your cards, thanks for sharing

Shalana said...

Love Love Love!! I am going to have to make one of these! TFS

Casandra Bennett said...

I like the way you incorporated both title items together in one card. Great idea!

terryanndiack said...

I really like your cards, they showcase the unseen versatility of this cartridge, the scraps, the negative areas. I love it when someone finds a diamond hiding in the rough

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...