Friday, May 27, 2016

Color Dare #195

Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge post.  Our challenge this week is to combine Close to My Heart colors Thistle, Pear, Crystal Blue, Lagoon and White Daisy.



My card features the "smooshing" technique.  I inked up my craft mat with all 4 colors, spritzed with water and then picked up the ink using an acetate sheet and then smooshed it down onto the paper.  I held the acetate between my fingers to limit the contact with the paper so that I could create lines of color.  Then I stamped a small flower from the Hawaiian Hibiscus stamp set in Thistle ink across the page and added some purple and clear glitter gems.  The sentiment is from the Artfully Sent Cricut collection which will be retiring soon.

Close to My Heart products used:
     White Daisy CS
     Lagoon CS
     Lagoon Ink
     Pear Ink
     Thistle Ink
     Crystal Blue Ink
     Hawaiian Hibiscus stamp
     Artfully Sent stamp
     Purple Glitter Gems
     Clear Glitter Gems (retired)

Here is the Color Dare challenge graphic with this week's challenge colors:




Now it's your turn to get creative--how will you use all and only these challenge colors?  Come check out what the rest of the fabulous Color My Heart Color Dare Design Team has to inspire you.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!  :) Marie

6 comments:

Cat Nowak said...

So fun ~ I love how your smooshing turned out!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

The smooshing technique...another way of watercoloring...and such vibrant background...great card.

Donna said...

Fun card! Love the watercoloured background with the random stamped flowers and the glitter gems are a great touch.

P.G. Lamb said...

Love the background, Marie! This card has a fun, summer feel.

Unknown said...

Very nice card, I really like how your background is featured.

G Eileen Studios said...

A unique twist on the swooshing technique. Fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...