Friday, November 27, 2015

Watercolored Stripes for Color Dare #170

Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge blog post!  This week we are challenging you to use the following colors:  White Daisy, Cashmere, Cocoa, Fern and Cranberry.



I started my card by painting wavy stripes on my white daisy panel using the ink pads. ( I squeezed the closed ink pad lid against the ink pad to create a source of ink and added a little water and brush which gives a lighter tone).  From top to bottom my stripes are Cocoa, Fern, Cashmere and Cranberry.  The deer is from the Artbooking cartridge.


     Artbooking cartridge
     White Daisy CS
     Fern CS
     Cranberry CS
     Cashmere CS
     Cocoa CS
     Cocoa Ink
     Fern Ink
     Cashmere Ink
     Cranberry Ink
     Holiday Tags stamp

I'm also entering this card into the Heart 2 Heart "Watercolor Wonder" challenge, the Cards in Envy "Extra Layers" challenge and Stampin' Royalty #305 "Winter Theme".

Now head on over to check out what the rest of the fabulous Design Team has created to inspire you. The challenge will end on December 3 at 9PM CST.  Hope you can join in on the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this card. The reindeer is great and love the color technique in the background

G Eileen Studios said...

What a fun way to use the watercolors and that little reindeer is adorable!

Brandi said...

Great idea...I love how you used the stamp pads for the water coloured affect, using the tools you already have, wonderful. I love your little reindeer, he is adorable! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Michelle said...

Love your stripes in the background. It's a great way to accent the cute reindeer!

Sandy Trefger said...

Love your deer and the different colors of ink and love your layers too! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I like the soft tones of the colors, and I like this technique for watercoloring. I just recently did some watercoloring and I don't think it's my forte; but this might work for me. Very pretty card.

Donna said...

Very nice card! Love the watercolouring in the background.

LisaM said...

Love the fun technique you used on this cute card! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...