Thursday, May 15, 2014

Watercolor Class Day #2 Homework

The Online Card Class Watercolor class is really fun yet I'm a little behind in my "homework".   Lesson #2 was about more background watercolor techniques.  I started this card last week with the Color Dare #93 colors and just finished it today.  I used 4 Close To My Heart ink pads for the watercolors.  First I placed an acrylic block onto the ink pad and then misted with water and used a brush to paint on the colors.


Close To My Heart products used:
    Cranberry Ink
    Twilight Ink
    Honey Ink
    Juniper Ink
    Friendship Alphabet stamps (retired)
    True Teal CS (retired)
    Metallic paper (DOTS retired)
    3D Foam Tape

Other products used:
    Watercolor paper by Faber Castell
    Stazon Teal Ink
    Studio G star punch
    Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold Mist spray by Ranger

As this is a special birthday card for a dear friend I'm also entering it into Seize the Birthday.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

3 comments:

  1. I like your selection of colors and that you made them at an angle! Someone who is turning 60 is going to be very impressed! I am taking the class also and learning a lot...mostly that I am not so good with pretending I am a watercolor artist! Thank you for linking up to Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat idea to use blocks and a brush for water coloring. I will try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love that background. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...