Friday, July 26, 2013

Color Dare #53--Gypsy, Blush and Sorbet with Artbooking Overlay

Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare post!  We are into our second year of providing this challenge featuring Close To My Heart Colors.  (You may substitute with similar colors if you don't have the challenge colors).  Thanks, Sarah Stone, for your vision and hard work in creating and maintaining this creative outlet for Close To My Heart enthusiasts!


Close To My Heart has a new Idea Book coming out on August 1 and as a consultant I was able to acquire new products earlier.  I'm having so much fun using the new Artbooking cricut cartridge and the Laughing Lola Cardmaking kit!  The lattice overlay was cut from Gypsy CS at  5.5" (page 50 of Artbooking handbook-- Overlay button).  This is layered over Blush CS. The horizontal strip was scallop punched from Sorbet CS with our new Scallop punch. Purple Gems (from the Laughing Lola Cardmaking Kit) were applied within the scalloped edges.

I usually don't purchase the Cardmaking Kits but when I saw the stamp set that comes with this kit, I just had to get it.  I love, love, love the greeting;  "You can never have too much happy"--what an awesome motto to live by!  The Laughing Lola Cardmaking kit includes this stamp set, 15 cards and envelopes, 2 sheets of Laughing Lola paper, 2 sheets White Daisy, 1 sheet Outdoor Denim, 1 sheet Pear, 1 sheet Slate, 1 Whisper, Black & Silver, Baker's Twine (10 yards), 1 package of Purple Gems and Instructional Brochure--priced at $24.95--a great value!) Check out my website on or after August 1 to order these fabulous items.

 
The background rays were stamped in Sorbet ink. Most of the greeting was stamped in Blush ink and the bottom of it was stamped in Gypsy ink and glued over the top. The greeting label (an Artiste cut) was popped up with 3D Foam Tape.




Click on the above photo to be taken to the Color My Heart Color Dare blog to view what the rest of the Design Team and Guest Designer have to inspire you this week.  We hope you will play along with us this week.  There are two prizes to be won--Color Dare Diamond Award for the best entry of the week and a monthly prize (some type of craft supply) to be mailed to one lucky participant which is randomly selected from all the entries of the month.  So the more you play, the better chance you have of winning!

This is also the last call to apply to be on our Design Team--applications are due today, July 26, 2013. Check it out here.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

1 comment:

sarahstone said...

Wonderful card! I LOVE that stamp set too! I put together my cards and I will be doing it for a workshop coming up. I like how you changed the color of the "happy." Your Artbooking lattice cut is really cool. I can't wait to get my cartridge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...