Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Pixie Sparkles Stitched Flowers with The Paper Players Sketch #542

This is my first attempt at using a new (to me) product called Pixie Sparkles.  They are somewhat like Brushos and Color Bursts powders but they are also shimmery and have some texture to them. 


Here is another view so you can see how sparkly the flower is:

 I dropped some Teal Marine and Fuchsia Rose powders onto wet cardstock to create a color panel from which I cut out out the Stitched Flower Thin Cut Dies (retired Close to my Heart).  The background frame is Tropical Blue along with the patterned paper (retired Close to my Heart).  The contrasting strip and ink is Raspberry (retired Close to my Heart).  I chose these papers as they seemed to be a good match to the colors in the flower diecut.  The stamp sentiment is from Sending You Hugs Cardmaking Workshop available until 5/31.

This is the fabulous The Paper Players Sketch that inspired my card layout:


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:                              Seize the Birthday--Topping Option--Make it a Bouquet                      AAA Birthday--Happy Birthday                                                            Crafting Happiness Challenge--Color It                                                Make My Monday #149--Floral Birthday                                            Dragonfly Dreams--Add Some Sparkle                                                Crafters Cafe #266--Feminine

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!

:) Marie

p.s. If you like what you see on my blog please consider "following" me by email or in your blog roll so you don't miss out on any of my fabulous card making ideas. You can sign up on the right sidebar.




8 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Such a pretty flower. Love the colours. Thank you for playing at AAA Birthday Cards.

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining Crafting Happiness Challenges this week.
Janis, Owner & Design Team

Jane said...

Pretty use of colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

creationsnz said...

Nicely simple and so shimmery (you captured the light on it well). So glad you shared with us at the Crafters Cafe, come again soon. CarolG

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a happy card! I love the beautiful flower and all the fun colors! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

cass said...

Thanks for entering your wonderful creation in our Feminie Challenge at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

Elizabeth Hart said...

The flower on this card is just gorgeous especially with the sparkle. Thank you so much for joining us this month at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth

Maria Valente said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing at Make My Monday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...