Sunday, November 25, 2018

Choosing My Blues for Color Dare #318

Without a doubt my favorite colors are in the Blue family so I'm happy to participate in Color My Heart Color Dare #318--Monochromatic Blues.  My background layer is the darker Sapphire paper.  The outer stripes are Bluebird and the center stripe is the darker side of Carolina.  The sentiment is from a retired Close to My Heart stamp set called "You Mean So Much to Me".  



My card layout was inspired by this fabulous Tuesday Morning Sketch #480:


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
      Seize the Birthday #155--Optional Topping "Tags"
      Pattie's Creations--Birthday
      
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!

:) Marie

p.s. If you like what you see on my blog please consider "following" me by email or in your blog roll so you don't miss out on any of my fabulous card making ideas. You can sign up on the right sidebar.

10 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Great CAS card. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Carol L said...

The blues are just beautiful and I love your take on this week's sketch! Love that little cupid too :) Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge and good luck!

Debbie said...

Sweet CAS birthday card! I love the monochromatic look!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Patti said...

I love your monochromatic blue choice your card turned out great! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Andrea W said...

That focal sentiment stamp is terrific and I like the shades of blue you used. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Lindsey said...

So pretty in the blues! Love the touch of the cherub for the corner. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Melanie R said...

Nicely created card, Marie. The blues blend beautifully and Cupid is the perfect embellishment. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare's Choose Your Blues challenge - we hope you'll visit us again.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Nice interpretation of the sketch and love that you used the two new blues with the sapphire...beautiful card, Marie and thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Cat Nowak said...

Beautiful birthday card! That Cherub is great! SO glad to you joined us for this challenge.

Vic said...

A lovely CAS card. Thankyou so much for joining with our challenge at Patties Creations, this month! Vic, DT x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...