Friday, November 3, 2017

Color Dare #268 Meets Try Stampin' on Tuesday #345

Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge blog post!  This week we are challenging you to use the following exclusive Close to My Heart colors:  Fern, New England Ivy, Almond, Cranberry, White Daisy with optional gold.  Of course, if you don't have these Close to My Heart colors yet, you may substitute similar colors so you can still join in on the fun.


The base panel is Almond, the striped paper is from Adventure Fundamentals, the horizontal stripe is New England Ivy with Fern on top.  The wreath was stamped in New England Ivy ink with Fern sponged over it.  The sentiment is from the Fairytale Birthday stamp set inked in Cranberry.  I did choose to use "optional gold".  Here is a closeup so you can see how I used the Metallic Gold marker to color the leaves.


Here is the Color My Heart Color Dare graphic.  Just click on it to get to the challenge site where you can be inspired by other wonderful creations made by our fabulous Design Team.



No automatic alt text available.

My card design was inspired by this Try Stampin' on Tuesday #345 sketch:


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
     Addicted to Stamps and More #266--Anything                     Goes
        Seize the Birthday--optional Kraft Card Base

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!

:) Marie

p.s. If you like what you see on my blog please consider "following" me by email or in your blog roll so you don't miss out on any of my fabulous card making ideas. You can sign up on the right sidebar.
    
     

8 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I really like that Fundamental cranberry background...don't know why I have a full sheet of it. I better start using some of my stash that I forget about. Very bright card.

Krafty Kaylin said...

lovely Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at TSOT.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

Donna Scholz said...

What a lovely card, Marie! Your use of the colors with our TSOT challenge #345 looks great! Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! -Donna

Lori said...

This is such a pretty Christmas card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at TSOT! -Lori DT

Nancy said...

Love your layout and choice of colors Marie! Thanks for being in our gallery at STB and using our topping!

Michelle said...

Great birthday card and use of the sketch.

Susan Fogle said...

This is a wonderful birthday card! I love how the sponging and metallic gold leaves soften the wreath! I like how you brought the other colors into the design through the sketch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...