Friday, January 3, 2014

Colour Me...! Challenge #1 with Try Stampin' on Tuesday Sketch #149

Happy 2014!  As I was reading my blog list the other day I found a new color challenge blog cocreated by a fellow Sunday Stamps Design Team member, Hayley Kew so I had to join in!  Congrats to Hayley and the rest of the Colour Me...! Team for a great looking blog and place to play along.  This week's challenge is to use just Island Indigo with neutrals.


 I substituted Close To My Heart Pacifica along with White Daisy and Silver Metallic paper (retired DOTS).  The Pacifica CS was run through the Cuttlebug machine with a Happy Birthday folder and then distressed with a sanding block to expose the white core.  The line of embellished dots was made with a pencil eraser dipped into Pacifica ink and then dotted with White Liquid Pearls.  Don't they look like they could be sequins?

Here is the Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch #149 that I used to make this card:


The extra challenge for this sketch is to "Sparkle it Up" which I did by using silver metallic paper and Liquid Pearl dots.

Here is the graphic for the new Colour Me...! challenge blog.  Come join me in playing there!


I'm also entering this card into Hiding in My Craft Room--Anything But Holiday and KIS-challenge--Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie





7 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

What a great idea using a pencil eraser to get that sweet embellishment line - so creative! Love the sanded down embossed panel. Thanks for joining in the fun of our first challenge at Colour Me...! :)

sue t. said...

I sure would like to receive this B-day card! Great job!T hanks for playing at TSOT!

Unknown said...

That is such a neat idea!!! Great job with both challenges :) Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me...!, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

Rosemary said...

what a fun birthday card!! thanks so much for playng along with Colour Me this week!

canadian_liner said...

LOVE your sparkly birthday card (I have that folder and need to use it!) and especially the faux sequins...great idea!

Karen said...

Fun Birthday Card...love the embossing folder with the sanding block to get that white color. Great SPARKLE too! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday - Karen, DT

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

This is a cute birthday card, Marie! Btw...I thought you did have sequins on your card until I read that they weren't. :) Thanks for playing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...