Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Gelato Stripes for Atlantic Hearts Sketch #28

Atlantic Hearts has another great sketch for us this week.  I was intrigued by the stripes and decided to use my new Gelatos once again. 
 

This time I made colored stripes on watercolor paper and wet them with a paintbrush and layered it onto Black CS.  The greetings are from the Artiste Cricut Collection which has stamps to match the Cricut cuts-- they were stamped in Cranberry ink. The star embellishments are "Milepost Shapes" (recently retired from Close To My Heart).  Originally these stars are kraft colored however I gave them some color with the same Gelatos I used to create the background.  The birthday greetings and stars were popped up with 3D Foam Tape.  A pair of  Licorice Adhesive Gems adorn the Birthday Wishes banner. This was a fun challenge to undertake!  

The challenge closes on Sunday, November 10.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

9 comments:

Michelle Stewart said...

This looked like it was a fun card to make, I think I might have to find me some Gelatos to play with. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.....we always look forward to seeing your creations!

Brandi said...

Another fabulous card made with Gelatos...I like Michelle, need to find these and play with them some! Thanks for playing along with AHSC!

canadian_liner said...

I love the stripes! The primary colours make for a very happy card! Did you use the Gelatos to colour/match your corrugated stars as well? At Gina K this week they have a blog-hop with Faber-Castell that features some other ways to use your Gelatos; worth checking out. Always glad when you link up with AHSC!

Unknown said...

wow, awesome colors!! good work. Thanks for sharing this with us at AHSC!!

Margaret said...

Fantastic job. I don't have Gelatos, but this has made me want to get some.

Anonymous said...

Love your bright cheery card!

Tarah DeMerchant said...

I love the vibrant colors and the awesome use of gelatos! Super. Thanks for sharing!

Carrie Wright said...

What a cute birthday card. I love the colors.
Thanks for playing along.

Shari M said...

Bright cheery card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...