Monday, May 20, 2013

Words of Comfort for Freshly Made Sketches #86

It has been awhile since I've tried a Freshly Made Sketch and I needed some inspiration to make another sympathy card so I decided to check out this week's sketch.  The Close To My Heart products that I used are Chantilly paper, Slate CS, Twilight CS, and Words of Comfort greeting which was black embossed.  (Here is my embossing tip--place stamp in Versamark ink, then place stamp in your chosen color of dye ink and then sprinkle Clear Embossing powder--any stray flecks of embossing powder are not visible on your card!)  The center panel was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder called Birds and Swirls.  First I used a paintbrush to paint in the grooves of the folder with Twilight Ink and then I ran the paper in the folder through the Cuttlebug machine.  The thin black and white ribbon was in my stash for quite awhile and I have no idea who made it..


Here is the Freshly Made Sketch #86 that I followed:
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity1
:) Marie


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! The font on the sentiment is lovely. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Marie! What a great technique! So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors. I love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...