Thursday, January 31, 2013

Color Dare #28--Goldrush, Twilight, Juniper, Ruby, Gypsy, and Cotton Candy

This week's color dare has 6 fun colors!  They are Goldrush, Twilight, Juniper, Ruby, Gypsy and Cotton Candy.  When I first heard about this selection of 6 colors I was thinking "this will be a real challenge to use all 6 of these colors!"  Then I remembered a fun card that I had pinned from Pinterest that uses the Word Window punch that I could adapt for this challenge.  You can find the card that inspired me here.  I like using up scraps of paper (and fabric when I'm quilting) so I took out some patterned paper in these colors and some cardstock in these colors and start punching them out.  I glued 7 columns on white cardstock and attached a Daisy dry embossed panel to the right of the punched out shapes.  I chose the greeting from A Little Thanks because it had a similar shape to the Word Window punch.  The card base is Ruby.  The Ruby flower centers were hole punched, glued down and then glittered with Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel--my favorite embellishment.  I used black and white twine from the  Bakers' Twine Neutrals Assortment to tie a bow and wrap around the multicolored panel.  Initially this was quite a challenge for me and I'm glad that I used all the colors in making this card that I really love.  I had fun meeting this challenge too!  I will be playing with this Word Window punch again soon!


 
 
Now, it's your turn to take up this 6 color challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare!  Please include the Color Dare #28 Color graphic (picture of stamp pads)  in your blog post to link back to us.  I hope you can join us--it did turn out to be a lot of fun to do!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

4 comments:

  1. I like your take on the original, Marie. I really like that you used patterned paper along with cardstock. I'm glad you were up to the challenge! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting to see where the DT took this challenge. I love your scrappy card! Both for its design and for how you used up scraps of paper. This is one idea I will have to "pin!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique shape to repeat! Definitely a good way to use the color pallet! I love your embossed flowers with the sparkle in the center. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very creative way to meet the challenge colors. The embossing is well done. Love this card very much.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...