Monday, January 18, 2021

Winter Penguin as the Star of CAS Colours and Sketch #401

Penguins are a lot of fun to watch and I recently acquired a new stamp set from Close to my Heart called "Winter Penguins".  The CAS Colours and Sketch challenge calls for a non-geometric focal point so I decided to use one of these penguin cuties for my card.




Close to My heart products used:

      Winter Penguins, Sangria Card Stock, Sangria Ink, Lilac Card Stock, Embossing Pens, Dark Red Blend Tri-Blend Marker and Stitched Rectangle Frames Thin Cuts.  

Other products:

     Darice Snowflake Embossing Folder, Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder

Here is the fabulous CAS Colours and Sketches graphic that inspired my card layout:

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
      Sweet Stampin'--Thank You
      Animal Friends Challenge--Penguins
      Pearly Sparkles Challenge #58--Something Beginning with "P"
      Crafty Gals Corner #215--Snow Much Fun
      Heart 2 Heart--Out with the Old, In with the New

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!

:) Marie

p.s. If you like what you see on my blog please consider "following" me by email or in your blog roll so you don't miss out on any of my fabulous card making ideas. You can sign up on the right sidebar.


9 comments:

samantha's cards said...

What a fun take on the sketch, thanks for joining the fun at CC&S.

Cazro said...

Such a cute card, loving your snowflake background and isn't the character stamp so cute. Thanks for sharing your work of art with us at My Time To Craft Caz. DT.

Tracey T said...

Your penguin is super-cute and I love the embossed background. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

cass said...

Very cute, love the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our "Something beginning with "P"" Challenge.

Brandi said...

I love this, you just can not go wrong with these adorable penguins! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Cat Nowak said...

I love your take on the sketch and how you combined lilac and sangria. Thank you for joining us again at Heart 2 Heart!

Dreja said...

Eine sehr schöne Karte.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
LG Dreja

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Great job on your card! Thank you for joining us this week at
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com

Kuni said...

Your card is lovely.
Thank you for joinning us at the Animal Friends.
Hugs Kuni

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...