Saturday, November 2, 2013

Gelato Background for Atlantic Hearts Sketch #27

Atlantic Hearts always offers a great sketch to follow and this week is no different.  Blues are my favorite colors and I love trying out new products so when I saw a set of Faber-Castell Gelatos in shades of blue I knew I'd have to have them.  They look like tubes of chapstick and have a waxy feel to them.  After you apply them you use some water and a paintbrush to blend them.


Before I applied the Gelatos to regular white CS I clear embossed 60 from the retired Close To My Heart Friendship Alphabet.  I used a heat gun to dry the paper and then used red liner tape to adhere it to a Moonstruck CS background.  The background panel is Heavenly Blue and the White Daisy strip was run through the Cuttlebug with a Darice Embossing Folder.  The ribbon is holographic curling ribbon that I bought for wrapping Christmas presents.  


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

7 comments:

Michelle Stewart said...

That looks so fun, I love the effect. Thanks for playing along with us this week on Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Unknown said...

this is awesome. Love seeing new techinques. Great work. Thanks for joining us at AHSC!!

canadian_liner said...

Those Gelatos look like fun! I've seen them on webisodes but haven't tried 'em yet. Love the sparkle and texture on your card, too. Those AH sketches ARE great for kick-starting a card!

Jasmina said...

What a lovely card. I like how you used Gelatos. I love this embossing folder. The card looks so elegant with it.

Oma said...

Wow! I love the vibrant colours on this card! Thanks for joining us this week at AHSC!

Brandi said...

OMG that is a stunning background. I love the vibrant colours. I am going to have to look into these Gelatos, I have never heard of them before!

Anonymous said...

I love the ribbon you chose, it picks up so many colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...