Friday, November 15, 2013

Another Color Dare #69 Card Using Freshly Made Sketch #112

This week's Freshly Made Sketch intriqued me and I immediately thought of using the new Charming Chevrons stamp set. (page 13 of CTMH  2013 Holiday Gift Guide here).  I  still had the current Color My Heart Color Dare colors on my craft table so I decided to use them again.  From top to bottom the colors are Goldrush, Smokey Plum and Olive.  The Colonial White background was run through the Cuttlebug machine with the Darice Plaid Embossing Folder.  The stars are from the Perfect Fit--Birthday stamp set stamped in coordinating inks. I was trying to make the chevrons looks like rockets.   The "Celebrate" ribbon is from American Celebration (retired CTMH). The card size is 5" x 6.5".


Here is the Freshly Made Sketch #112 I followed:


We would love to see what you can do with these colors.  You can join the Color My Heart Color Dare here.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

11 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

I love the little stars turning your chevrons into rockets! What a clever idea!! That Freshly Made Sketch had me stumped for about an hour, but now it's turning into a real source of inspiration. Love what you did with it. So clever. Did I say that already? :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Turning the chevrons into rockets is so clever! And they really do look like rockets! What a fun take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Those chevron rockets look fabulous! The colours you've used are so much fun and are perfect together! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Cindy Lovell said...

Awesome!! Great colors and i love your idea on turning the chevrons into rockets!!

canadian_liner said...

This is a really fun card. Those chevrons going off in different directions give such a feeling of movement. And the colours (I know they are the current CMH challenge) are so unexpected (you'd think more of red, white and blue).

Sheila Bennett said...

Nice card. Great use of the chevron stamps.

Michelle said...

Really cute and love the rocket idea! There is so much texture and movement happening and it all works together perfectly!

Janet Strain said...

Wow! That chevron stamp set looks like so much fun! This card is awesome - love the color combo too. :)

None None said...

Awesome chevrons! Love the color combination as well!

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Great job on the sketch and the color scheme. I love it!

sarahstone said...

I love your color blocking. You are always really good at that! This is a really fun card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...