Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Top Twelve for 2012

Happy New Year Everyone!  Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment on my blog posts.  I've had a lot of fun creating cards, entering them into challenges and blogging about them this past year and I look forward to having even more fun with it this year.  With each card challenge I have stretched myself to create something unique. Today's post is for sharing my favorite creations this past year.  (It was pretty difficult to pick just 12 when I've made 95 blog posts this year!)  You can click on each picture for a link to the blog post where it appeared for further details.  These are listed in near chronological order.

Corner stamp from Rock the Block January 2012 promotion and Art Philosophy window cutout:


I wrote my first tutorial on how to make your own embossing folders using the Art Philosophy cartridge:


Pemberley paper for photo covered tissue box cover with tutorial:


Lagoon, Pacifica, "Potential" and home made bling:

 Roxie get well card made from scraps:



Starburst card using Miracle paper:


Rainbow card with construction wall tape accent:



Congrats card using a recycled envelope as patterned paper:


Artiste cut skeleton on inked dry embossing folder:


Using negative Artiste cut out as Guest Designer for Sunday Stamps color challenge:



Used up some of my stash in this black and gold music themed card:


Quilted card for Color My Heart Color Dare:




Some of my other accomplishments for 2012 were being a Guest Designer for Color My Heart Color Dare (twice) and for Sunday Stamps and writing 95 blog posts in one year!  In January I challenged myself to create something new from the Rock the Block CTMH set and post it for seven consecutive days.  I've discovered many new card challenges from reading what other papercrafters are posting.  In February Terry Ann Diack awarded me the Liebster Award which I had fun passing on to others. I learned how to make a blog button and became a Pinterest viewer and poster.

It has taken me quite awhile to select these projects and post them again here and the experience has been a valuable one for me.  I feel good about the art I have created this year while trying out new techniques and color combinations and the opportunity I have to share it with anyone who is interested. 
 
Thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement that you share with me and others who love papercrafting!  This next year I plan to comment on more blog posts (it's good for me and for others) and have more fun--and I have fun when I am involved creating cards or projects with ink, paper and other tools.

I would love to hear from you if you have time to comment.   Have a year filled with fun and creativity!--that's my plan and I'm sticking to it!


:) Marie



2 comments:

canadian_liner said...

Love this look at the past year, Marie, and so glad to be joining you for another challenge in 2013 (lips sealed on the deets, but you know them!). Can you share where you learned how to design your blog badge (very cute, by the way).C.

Tracy said...

Your projects are all so lovely.
I love the Valentines card, so so pretty.
It is hard to just pick a few projects out of a year of creating.
I cheated and posted cards and projects in two different posts, teehee.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...