Sunday, December 30, 2012

10 Minute or Less Holiday Card for Cas-ual Friday CFC83 and 10 Minute Craft Dash #9

Most of my Christmas cards this year were done with this idea. The challenge this week at Cas-ual Fridays and 10 minute Craft Dash #9 is to make a holiday themed card in 10 minutes or less and this card qualifies. Last year I purchased some glittery poinsettia 12 x 12 scrapbook paper (Recollections brand) on sale at Michaels after the holidays and knew I would use it for something!




 It was too pretty to cover with photos so I cut around the flowers and then glued them on to card bases, added a background silver metallic stripe and a greeting from Close To My Heart stamp set "Wonderful Season', a dot of Buttercup Liquid Pearls and I was done!  Once I had all the supplies out I started the timer and found that it took me only 4 minutes and 19 seconds to make this card from start to finish!


Inside the card reads "a Merry Little Christmas".  Because there are so many different sized poinsettias on this paper I was able to make a variety of different cards.



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhYG3XPu1xBwDgaKKQBpFvx6ijzzmkXxedrgQjsaSxTwkxXL1XD2bSK3DRdI67mN0mz0MIaCdlUVF0Z9ZxJYYSIXtjuSCAS00yKOQHcnx5Sg3erp3Go-ECpgKrvIDReAOEgzRxzzz2q-d05/s1600/CD_badge.jpg      CD_9_teampup


Thanks for stopping by!  Wishing you a wonderful new year filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

5 comments:

Paulina said...

Oh my goodness, such a fabulous way to use that sparkly poinsettia paper! I am in love with how bold, bright and beautiful these flowers are!

Thank you for joining in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. I hope you'll be able to play in my challenge again!

Romaine said...

Way better use of those gorgeous pontsettia! Lots of cards from one sheet!

Lisa A. said...

What lovely cards, Marie!! Love your creativity in using design paper to make so many wonderful cards...sparkly and festive!! So glad you were a part of this 2 week challenge at CAS-ual Fridays...Happy New Year to you and yours:)!!

Anonymous said...

Such an awesome way to use a pretty patterned paper, Marie! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

Tracy said...

Such quick, easy and pretty way to make a whole set of Christmas cards.
I love the sparkle to them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...