Thursday, January 17, 2013

Color Dare #26--Black, White and a Pop of Color!

Welcome to a new Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge!  Our challenge for Color Dare #26 is to use only Black and White with a "Pop" (meaning small amount) of color.  I've been seeing a lot of cards with hexagons or honeycomb patterns lately and I decided to try using these fun shapes for this challenge.  The Close To My Heart Artiste cricut cartridge has this shape on page 56.  I began my card by cutting 5 of these hexagons from black CS (accent 2 @ .75").  Then I took out some old Black Background and Texture paper and cut a dozen from each of 3 prints (the remaining pieces will be used in other cards).  I attached the black CS panel over a white base and put the right 1.5" through the Cuttlebug using the "Tiny Mosaic Texture" embossing folder so the texture shows through the cutout portion of black CS.  When I had all my pieces cut (Cricut Artiste makes that so easy!) I arranged them to form a honeycomb pattern on top of the black CS.  The "Thinking of You"  greeting is from the 4 My Friend stamp set and was stamped onto a 1.25" hexagon cut from page 56 of the Artiste cartridge again.  This was layered over another hexagon cut out of 1.75" Silver Glitter paper and then over a 2" square of Pacifica CS.  I had a lot of fun putting this together (and using some very old CTMH paper!)


I look forward to seeing your creations entered in this week's challenge.  Link up your card or other papercrafted item using Close to My Heart colors to Color My Heart Color Dare by thursday evening, January 25 at 9PM CT.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

5 comments:

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Oh how the glitter paper shines! Awesome color choice, and I love all the layers!

sarahstone said...

I love your hexagons, Marie. And the glitter paper too! The Pacifica looks great with black and white!

Sarah

Becca-expressions said...

I've been wanting to use one of the Cricut cartridges to make hexagons. I didn't think to use one with extra ridges, but this worked perfectly. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Pam said...

Excellent and very creative job! Nice pop of color.

Linda Anderson said...

Fabulous card Marie!! Love the hexagons as well as your pop of color.

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...