Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Watercoloring for Atlantic Hearts Sketch #150 and Joyful Stars Blog Hop

Welcome back to another Joyful Stars Blog Hop!  We are a group of Close to My Heart consultants who share something each month on the 9th and at 9PM EST.  If you are coming from Betty Locco's blog you are on the right track.  (If you get "lost" along the way visit Joyce's blog for the complete lineup.)  Have fun being inspired! 


I had so much fun using Close to My Heart Watercolor Paints for the Watercolor Blog Hop last week that I decided to use them again for this card.  The sketch is from Atlantic Hearts Sketch #150 and the color theme is from A Blog Named Hero called "Rainbow".  Since this card has a birthday message I'm also entering it into the Seize the Birthday challenge.


I used thin washi tape to mask off sections on watercolor paper to create the color blocks.  Here's a helpful tip:  when watercoloring use painter's tape and a flat sturdy board so that you can heat emboss it to dry the paper and keep it flat.  I used a Dollar Tree mini cutting board for this purpose.



     Watercolor Paper
     Watercolor Paints
     Canary CS
     Gypsy CS
     For Family stamps
     Versamark Ink
     Ranger White Super Fine Embossing Powder
     3D Foam Tape

The next stop on the blog hop is Crystal Davis' blog.  I'm sure you'll be inspired by what she shares.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

P.S.  If you like Close to My Heart products and you like to challenge yourself I invite you to check out the Color My Heart Color Dare blog.  We award blog badges to our weekly winners and have a monthly prize drawing for a randomly drawn entry so the more often you play the more chances you have to win a donated prize from a CTMHconsultant.

14 comments:

Helen Gullett said...

Your card so fun!! Love the color blocks!

Lisa said...

Great card and what an awesome tip! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic hearts this week!

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

Thanks so much for sharing the tutorial of how you did this....great idea! :)

Sami said...

Beautiful Card and awesome technique! Thank you for playing at AHS!

Lauren said...

This is such a fun, colourful card! Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC.

lavendersage said...

Awesome use of the watercolors! Love the pops of color! TFS!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Love your beautiful, bright color block card! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Lori said...

I love the fun, bright colors on your card! They just make me happy! Thanks so much for joining us this week at AHSC!

Just Paper and Bling! said...

I just received my watercolors and just starting to play, so thank you for sharing this inspiring technique! ;)

Brandi said...

LOVE IT! I love the water colour making colour blocks, I love that it is all one piece of cardstock. I love how bright and vibrant it is, wonderful job! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

Brandi R
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Joyce Houck Joyful Creations said...

I liked how you showed to block off the card to make different watercolor spots. Thanks

Ali said...

SO pretty--- and what a great technique! Loving those colors... Ty for playing with us at AHSC! ~Ali (AHSC Design Team member)

Crystal said...

The watercolored background is stunning! TFS

Nancy said...

Great card. Cool idea!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...