Friday, March 25, 2016

Color Dare #186 Meets Sketch Saturday #404

Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge blog post.  This week we are challenging you to use all and only the following colors:  Gypsy, Lagoon and White Daisy.


My first card features the Spring Critters frog and the original Adventures Fundamentals pattern.  This adorable stamp set also has a matching Thin Cuts dies to make it so easy to use.  I used a Q-tip and Lagoon ink to "color" the frog and an old Gypsy Alcohol Marker to outline the frog.


     Lagoon CS
     White Daisy CS
     Adventures Fundamental Paper (original pattern--retired)
     Spring Critters stamps
     Spring Critters Thin Cuts
     Gypsy Ink
     Lagoon Ink
     Gypsy Alcohol Marker (retired)
     Chalk Marker (to color flowers on the lily pads)

Other products:
     tiny wiggle eyes
     Spring Fling cricut cartridge to cut lily pads
     Violet Cricut pen to outline lily pads

My card was inspired by this sketch from Sketch Saturday #404:


When I was making the frog card I originally thought I would use the Gypsy on top and Lagoon on the bottom but then I changed my mind.  I already had the pieces glued down so I decided to make a second Easter card using the Give a Lift stamp set.  


Head on over to the Color Dare blog to check out what the rest of the fabulous Design Team has to inspire you.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie




     

6 comments:

Donna said...

Great cards! Love the little lily pads on the frog card...great touch.

Unknown said...

Fun cards. That frog keeps hopping into things and always is so darn cute. =)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Adorable card, love the frog and the embellishments of the little water lily flowers...and love your second card too. These two colors go so great together...I wish they still had the hearts in the Paper Fundamentals, love that cardstock.

Michelle said...

Love both of your cards! What a great way to show off our Paper Fundamentals. You really used the colors in this dare in a fantastic way!

lisamariecreates said...

Love the frog card! You can never go wrong using googly eyes! ;)

P.G. Lamb said...

That frog card is adorable! The balloon card is just as cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...