Monday, March 21, 2016

Use Your Stash Blog Hop Cricut Craze

The theme for our Use Your Stash Blog Hop this month is "Cricut Craze".   As Close to My Heart enthusiasts we have 5 wonderful cricut cartridges to choose from--over 3500 images!  If you are coming from Michelle Loncar's blog you are on the right track.

My project started with a tag with a shamrock on it from the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I attached it to a rectangle in Design Space and then separated the shamrock out and made several different sizes of it.  I am freely sharing the Design Space cut file here.  The inspiration for using this color came from the Heart 2 Heart challenge to use the color Fern.



The inspiration for my card came from the Sunday Stamps Sketch #122:


When I cut my card on the cricut I cut two pieces--one to be used on the card and the second to be used as a stencil.  Here I used Topiary Ink and a Sponge Dauber to create the second card.  I was inspired by the CAS on Sunday Challenge #79 to Stencil it.



I've been playing with my Close to My Heart Watercolor Paints lately so I decided to paint the shamrocks that came out of my stencil piece and glue them to a card.  I masked off the inner piece with large post it notes so I could paint the outside border the same color as the shamrocks.  I used Clear Embossing Powder and Versamark Ink to stamp the greeting before I painted over it in green.  Soon after painting I used a soft cloth to rub the paint off the embossed letters.


Before you run off to see Wendy Kessler's project please leave me a comment and let me know which card you like best.  Will it be the shade of green that you prefer, the technique used or something else?

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie




9 comments:

Michelle said...

Love your shamrock cards! What a great reminder and example about using the positive and negative Cricut cut!

Wendy K. said...

Great cards! The first one is my favorite. I like how you used all the pieces after cutting in different ways.

Priscilla said...

Cute luck of the Irish card. 😀

Susan said...

Great way to use your tools. Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

Claire Broadwater said...

Marie, this is great! Such a fun card for March! Great take on our sketch! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Annette Elliott said...

How fun are those cards? That's what crafting is all about! Love your Shamrock cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! :)

Leena Girsa said...

I love all the versions of this card, Marie. I think my favourite is the stenciled one...I'm on a stencil kick lately! Thank so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps this week.

Melissa Robinson said...

Love what you did with this card - all of them! Thank you for playing with us at H2H!

Brandi said...

I love all of them, so many ways to do it, great job! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...