Friday, March 7, 2014

Watercoloring with Stamp Pads for Color My Heart Color Dare #84

Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare post!  This week we have 3 wonderful Close To My Heart colors for you to combine:  Sky, Topiary and Sweet Leaf.  (Of course, if you don't have Close To My Heart colors you may substitute similar colors).



How did I achieve this watercolored look?  I spritzed watercolored paper with water and used a Waterbrush and my CTMH inkpads.  With the lids closed I squeezed the top onto the inkpad to make a small pool of ink on the lid.  From left to right on my card are Topiary, Sweet Leaf and Sky inks.  The greeting was cut from the watercolored paper with the Artiste cartridge (page 65 accent 1) at 1.25".  Before I cut it out I experimented with a piece of scrap CS so I could center it the way I wanted.  (From the landscape orientation on my cricut machine I moved the cutting dial down .25" and 1.25" to the left).  The top layer was raised with 3D Foam Tape.

After I photographed this card I decided to embellish it with some flowers and sparkles.  I'm not really sure which I like better.  I would love to read your preference in the comments below.


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
     Hiding in My Craft Room--spring colors
     Cut It Up--green for St. Patrick's Day or spring

Check out what our Guest Designer Lauren and the rest of the fabulous Color My Heart Color Dare Design Team B has to inspire you:  Gretchen, MichelleHansi and Sarah.  You have until Thursday, March 13 9PM CT to enter your papercrafted creation here.  We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing what you create with the colors Sky, Topiary, and Sweet Leaf.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie





6 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I always think it's cool when people use the negative of a cut on their projects!
I am a Plain Jane and usually go with "less is more" so I prefer your original! They're both pretty, though. I like how you inked the edges of your flowers to coordinate with the colors on your card.

Thanks for joining our Green challenge at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

June Houck said...

A beautiful card, Marie! I love your trio of watercolor splash background. Beautifully done! I am so glad you linked up at Cut It Up!

Migdalia said...

You card is very PRETTY! Love the splash technique!! I must try this out!
Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Jenscrapstoo said...

Great card and used of spring colours!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Sheila Bennett said...

Very nice watercolor effect. Those colors look great using that technique.

Cindy said...

Very cool card! Love this watercolor technique! I need to try this out! Thanks for the inspiration and also for joining us at Cut It Up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...