Friday, March 21, 2014

Embossed Patchwork Squares for Color My Heart Color Dare #86

Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare post where we challenge you to use Close To My Heart colors.  (Substitutions are allowed if you don't have CTMH colors yet and you may also use neutrals such as white, colonial white, greys, tans, black).  This week our challenge colors are Ponderosa Pine, New England Ivy and Goldrush.





I started out by using each of the 3 challenge colored papers, the Cuttlebug machine and 3 of the new Close To My Heart embossing folders.  Next I used a 1.25" square punch and glued the squares onto a 4.25" x 4.25" square of Black CS.  This was then mounted onto a Whisper CS card base with Thinking of You (from Sincere Expressions stamp set) stamped on the bottom right hand corner.

Next I black embossed Classy Doily onto vellum and cut out part of it which I mounted to the center of the card with a small piece of 3D Foam Tape.


Lastly I placed a Green Epoxy Bubble onto the very center of the doily stamp.  Here is my finished card--although I must say that I like the card without the doily attached too!


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
    Cards in Envy--Anything Goes in A2 size
    Stampin' for the Weekend--Anything Goes
     Love to Create--Clean and Simple and/or Classy and Elegant
     Just for Fun challenge--Anything Goes

Check out what our Guest Designer Casandra and the rest of the fabulous Color My Heart Color Dare Design Team B has to inspire you:  Gretchen, MichelleHansi and Sarah.  You have until Thursday, March 20 9PM CT to enter your papercrafted creation here.  We look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing what you create with the colors Ponderosa Pine, New England Ivy and Goldrush.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie


8 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

Love the embossed squares. Totally works with these colors and reminds me of a quilt you might find in a log cabin. Cozy and warm. :)

Karen Willis said...

Great card, love the different embossed squares. Thanks for joining us at JFF Karen DT member xx

Kay said...

Very interesting card and I love the center piece. Thank you for playing along at the Just for Fun Challenge. XX

LisaM said...

Love your embossed squares! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards In Envy!

Sheila Bennett said...

Like the patchwork use of the embossed textures.

Unknown said...

Awesome CAS card! Love the embossed background!
Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create this week.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful cards! I love the embossing and the center piece on the second one. Thank you for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

wendipooh13 said...

love the embossing!!!! thanks sooo much for joining us at Cards in Envy!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...