Friday, March 7, 2014

March Sketch Challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown

If you are looking for the Color My Heart Color Dare blog post please go here.

The Close To My Heart Artbooking cartridge has so many wonderful images to choose from that it made it really easy to make this card.



There is holographic paper (Colorbok) underneath the raised snowflake overlay (Artbooking page 76 overlay shift at 2.25" and trimmed to fit the space.  The greeting was silver embossed from the Holiday Wishes stamp set (retired CTMH).  The background paper is Close To My Heart Sky CS.  The stitching was done with a piercing tool, ruler and white gel pen.

This is the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown sketch that inspired me:



I'm also entering this card into the Merry Monday #98 challenge to use stitching and buttons (I'm taking artistic liberty to consider sequins as buttons--buttons were just not sparkly enough for my card!)

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

10 comments:

Fabiola said...

très jolie carte, sobre et élégante, très brillante et c'est superbe, biz

Mynn xx said...

Marie, this is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the fabulous holographic paper and I adore the use of the negative die cut space! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS and happy weekend! Mynn xx

Anonymous said...

Love the pretty snowflakes - your card really does sparkle.

Thank you for joining us at 52CCT this week.

hugs
Gill x

52CCT Design Team

Bonnie said...

Sequins do sparkle a lot more than buttons, Marie! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Patricia Hays said...

The sentiment pairs perfectly with your sparkly card! Thanks for sharing it with us at 52{C}CT. I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge. :)

Deborah Frings said...

Gorgeous. Clean, frosty and so sparkly! I do like the shimmer of the holographic card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Love the layout and the holographic snowflakes - lovely! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Hee hee--artistic liberty with the buttons. I love it, and the sequins are the perfect bit for this card. I love the holographic underlay under the snowflakes. It's a wonderful card!

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, I love your snowflakes. Thank you joining us for Merry Monday.

Lori Turner said...

Very pretty card and I love those snowflakes!! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...