Monday, December 21, 2020

Penguin Holiday Card with Freshly Made Sketch #466

 One of my sisters has always loved Penguins so I made her this fun card.  This large image seemed to fit the Freshly Made Sketch #466 very well so I used it to complete my card.  



Here is another view taken from a different angle so you can see how sparkly the ice and dark water is.


This cute stamp has been in my stash since the late 1990's.  I had actually purchased it "rubber only" and then fixed it with a cushion to a wood block.  The sentiment stamp is from last year's Reindeer Crossing set from Close to my Heart and the paper colors are Sapphire and Linen.  I used a q-tip to color in the sun and sky with Canary and Sky ink colors (retired CTMH).  Moondust Stickles Glitter Gel was applied to the ice and Brutus Monroe Raven Black embossing powder was used.

Here is the fabulous Freshly Made Sketch that inspired my card layout:


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
     Patti's Creations #177--Winter Fun
     Color Dare Challenge #424--Non-Traditional Christmas Colors
     Simon Says Wednesday Challenge--Christmas Critters

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

p.s. If you like what you see on my blog please consider "following" me by email or in your blog roll so you don't miss out on any of my fabulous card making ideas. You can sign up on the right sidebar.



7 comments:

MortiCraft said...

Super non traditional Christmas card! I’m sure your sister will love it. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

Michelle said...

Great card for our non-traditional colors challenge. I'm sure your sister loved it. Cute, cute, cute!Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Alyson Mayo said...

Great non-traditional colour card, Marie. I'm sure your sister will love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Pattie G said...

Very cute image! I love penguins too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie G
Artist & Owner

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Close up it looks like splashes of water against the snow... very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Jackiekg said...

lovely card. Great background used for the cute penguins.
Thank you for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

Vandra said...

Your penguins in suits are too cute! Thank you for joining us at Colour Dare Challenge for non-traditional Christmas colours. I hope you can join us again soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...