Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Butterfly Birthday Card with Sunday Stamps Sketch #240

 One of my friends who loves butterflies will be celebrating her birthday in November.  When I saw the "Butterfly Kisses and Birthday Wishes" sentiment stamp from the Close to my Heart Creativity in Motion special promotion I knew I would use it to make a card.  Rather than stamp butterflies on the card I remembered that I had older paper with a butterfly pattern (Dotty for You--retired CTMH).


The edges of the  Scalloped Circle Thin Cut frame were colored with a Blue Turquoise Tri Blend Marker.  The coral colored stripes and hearts are from Coral Shimmer Trim (retired CTMH).  The stitched butterfly centers were embellished with Icicles Stickles Glitter Glue.

Here is the fabulous Sunday Stamps Sketch that inspired my card layout:


I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
     Watercooler Wednesday--Anything Goes
     Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper--Anything Goes with Patterned                Paper
     Always Fun Challenges #182--Diecutting

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

p.s. If you like what you see on my blog please consider "following" me by email or in your blog roll so you don't miss out on any of my fabulous card making ideas. You can sign up on the right sidebar.
     
     






5 comments:

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card, I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Heather said...

What great paper to go with that sentiment! Good call! Love your touch of sparkle here, and your friend will ,too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is so pretty! I love all those colorful butterflies and the way you used the sketch! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

Lovely bright colors, perfect for a butterfly lover! That sentiment is precious. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

cass said...

Wonderful card with great patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...