Friday, September 20, 2013

Watercoloring for Color My Heart Color Dare #61

Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare challenge post!  This week we are challenging you to create with Close To My Heart colors Olive, Autumn Terracotta and Goldrush--secondary colors.  (It's OK to substitute similar colors if you don't have CTMH colors).  

 
These colors remind me of falling leaves so I had to make a fall themed card! 

I used a Watercolor technique in which I placed drops of the challenge color reinkers onto an acrylic block, spritzed with water and placed onto an already dampened piece of watercolor paper.  I love how the colors blended together!  When it dried I stamped Quick Cards --Bountiful Season in Cocoa Ink and heat embossed with a little bit of old Polysparkle Tinsel.  The background CS is Colonial White with a vertical panel of Goldrush CS and a horizontal strip of Autumn Terracotta with a strip of Bronze Shimmer Trim.  The watercolored panel was placed on 3D Foam Tape to add some dimension.


We would really love for you to join us this week at the Color Dare!  Please use a direct link (going to your color dare #61 post and not to your home blog page) when linking up to our site.  There is a random monthly prize and weekly blog badges to be won!  



Check out what the rest of the Design Team and this week's fabulous Guest Designer Michelle has to inspire you: SarahPamBeccaShirleySheri and Gretchen.  Don't forget to leave them some comments on their beautiful projects. 



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!

:) Marie

p.s. Be sure to stop by on Sunday for new Sunday Stamps Color Challenge post and on Monday for new Heart 2 Heart Challenge post.

1 comment:

Bev Gomez said...

Hi Marie, I hope I can play along again. Thanks for the sweet comment on my card. Your card was darling too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...