Monday, September 2, 2013

"Penguin Power" Wintry Wishes for CAS Colour Sketches #40

Don't you love these adorable penguins?  They are from a new Hostess Reward Set by Close To My Heart called "Wintry Wishes" that you can see on page 9 of the new Idea Book.  The color challenge at CAS Colour and Sketches #40 is  a Double--color challenge AND sketch.  Here is my submission:


Here are the requirements:



My substituted colors are from Close To My Heart--White Daisy, Indian Corn Blue and Outdoor Denim which I think are an excellent match! The penguins were stamped with Outdoor Denim ink.   The Indian Corn Blue mats were cut from CTMH Artiste cartridge (pg.77 Accent 2 shift at 2.5").  The ear muffs and skate blades were accented with Platinum Liquid Pearls.  The hatband and pom pom were accented with White Liquid Pearls.  The snowflakes were accented with my favorite embellishment--Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel.

Here is a plug for the September National Stamping Month Promotion by Close To My Heart:.  Watch this short video to see what fabulous items are included.  Feel free to place an order from my website here.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

4 comments:

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Such a cute card - love those penguins! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Hansi Brittain said...

This is adorable! Those penguins are the perfect stamp to use with the challenge colors. How clever to use a shape that I think of as a sun. I host stamp group this month and can't wait to get the penguin stamp. Thanks for some ideas on how to play with it.

Jacqueline said...

A great match of colours - perfect for your penguins which are adorable. Thanks so much for joining in this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

Patricia H said...

So totally cute!!! I like your sunburst shapes as the mats for the image panels, too. Thanks for sharing your work with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...