Sunday, September 8, 2013

H2H Challenge--"Brown Paper Packages Tied up with String"

The Heart 2 Heart challenge this week comes right from a song--can you guess which song it is from?  "Brown Paper Packages Tied Up with String" is our theme this week and you can interpret it any way you want--just be sure to use some Close To My Heart products!    (Answer at the bottom of the post--hint it is from a Broadway musical).

Close To My Heart Products Used:

Cranberry CS
Pear and Partridge paper (retired)
Kraft paper
Burlap Ribbon
Harvest Baker's Twine
Bronze Shimmer Trim
A Little Gift stamp--paper pieced from Kraft, Cranberry and Champagne)
Chocolate Ink
Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel

I've got a brown package and lots of string--I removed a few strands of burlap to create spaces to weave the twine through and left it ragged on the edges.   How will you be inspired to create using our theme this week?  Please use a direct link to enter here.  We look forward to visiting your blogs.

Answer:  the phrase comes from the song "My Favorite Things" from the musical "Sound of Music".  
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad
  
I don't know about you but I'll be singing it in my head all night now!  

Check out what the rest of the Design Team has to inspire you:
Brittany, Carol, KellyHaley,  Lucy and our Guest Designer Wendy leave them some well deserved comments.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie


1 comment:

Jeannie said...

What a clever idea to weave the twine in the burlap! I was wondering if you had any of the Buzz and Bumble Paper still around for a project that my group is working on? If you could let me know I'd appreciate it very much!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...