Friday, June 14, 2013

Color Dare #47--Just Honey With Emboss Resist Technique

This week at Color My Heart Color Dare the challenge is to make a card featuring the Close To My Heart color Honey.  You may add neutrals such as black, white, chocolate, cocoa and bamboo but the only "color" of the card should be Honey (or similar color if you don't have it).  I used Versamark ink and Clear Detail Embossing Powder to stamp the two images from Beautiful Friendship in opposite corners. Next I applied Honey ink using a sponge dauber and the embossed area remained white.  The greeting is from Casual Expressions and was stamped in Black ink.  The tied ribbon is Color Ready Seam Binding which is white.  Once again I used my sponge dauber to apply Honey ink over a craft mat.  I just rubbed it on--it was really easy to do.  This White Daisy panel was then mounted onto Honey CS.  The final accents on this card are  Opaque Licorice Adhesive Gems.


Now head on over to Color My Heart Color Dare and check out what the rest of the fabulous design team has created.  We hope you can join in on the fun!  Just link your papercrafted creation up by Thursday evening, June 20 at 9PM CST.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

3 comments:

Hansi Brittain said...

What a cheerful card! Isn't resist stamping fun? I love that stamp.

canadian_liner said...

That medallion looks fantastic using your resist technique! Honey is such a rich colour, to set off the white image. Love the little touches of black, too.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Gorgeous, bright yellow effect! Goodness, I wish I had the chance to try all the techniques you show us each week! It works so well with the pops of black, Marie, love it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...