Monday, May 20, 2013

Words of Comfort for Freshly Made Sketches #86

It has been awhile since I've tried a Freshly Made Sketch and I needed some inspiration to make another sympathy card so I decided to check out this week's sketch.  The Close To My Heart products that I used are Chantilly paper, Slate CS, Twilight CS, and Words of Comfort greeting which was black embossed.  (Here is my embossing tip--place stamp in Versamark ink, then place stamp in your chosen color of dye ink and then sprinkle Clear Embossing powder--any stray flecks of embossing powder are not visible on your card!)  The center panel was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder called Birds and Swirls.  First I used a paintbrush to paint in the grooves of the folder with Twilight Ink and then I ran the paper in the folder through the Cuttlebug machine.  The thin black and white ribbon was in my stash for quite awhile and I have no idea who made it..


Here is the Freshly Made Sketch #86 that I followed:
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity1
:) Marie


3 comments:

Amy O said...

What a sweet card! The font on the sentiment is lovely. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda Suarez said...

Very pretty Marie! What a great technique! So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita W said...

Lovely colors. I love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...