Friday, May 17, 2013

Color My Heart Color Dare #43--Cranberry, Honey and Outdoor Denim and Atlantic Hearts Sketch #3

Welcome back to another Color Dare post!  This week we challenge you to use these three Close To My Heart colors:  Cranberry, Honey and Outdoor Denim.  Neutrals such as black and white are allowed yet we really would like you to use these three colors exclusively.  Of course, if you don't yet own any of these colors you may substitute something similar.  These colors are also featured in the Tommy paper pack.  I used part of a sheet of Tommy paper for the 3 small anchors which are mounted on the side panel.  The Outdoor Denim base was run through my Cuttlebug machine with the Anchors Away embossing folder and then distressed with a sanding block from the CTMH Sanding Kit.  Thank you is from Say it in Style (now retired CTMH but still one of my favorites).  The small anchor Tommy paper circles were popped up from the card with 3D Foam Tape and glittered with my favorite embellishment--Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel.  My son and his wife sent me a beautiful flower assortment for Mother's Day and since he is in the Navy I thought he would like this nautical themed thank you card.


I had a little extra time this week so I made a second card.  I used the Atlantic Hearts Sketch #3 as my inspiration.  The buttons are from Thoughtful Seasons stamp set (retired CTMH) and the flourish is from You and Me (also retired CTMH).  The greeting is from A Little Thanks.  The frame around the 4 buttons was cut with a Family Treasures scissors. (Close To My Heart used to carry this one many years ago.)

Here is the Atlantic Hearts Sketch #3:




Now head on over to Color My Heart Color Dare to check out what the rest of the Design Team has for you.  We would love for you to play along with us--just link up your creation to the blog by Thursday evening, May 23, 9PM CST.  There is a monthly prize up for grabs!.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a fun week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

5 comments:

Michelle Stewart said...

I love both of your cards, they are both fabulous, and the colors do work wonderful together. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts.

sarahstone said...

Hey Marie, I was wondering where those little anchors came from! Cutting them out of B&T paper is such a clever idea! And that embossing folder is perfect! I especially like the sanding effect. Say it in Style is one I use a LOT too! Great card!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

What a perfect embossing folder to match! Very nice way to use the images on that Tommy sheet! :)

Becca-expressions said...

I don't use that embossing folder + sanding technique nearly as often as I should. Thanks for the reminder of just how cool that is!! And is it just me, or did the sanding actually make the nautical elements look like they are watery? :)

LaJeania Hicks said...

Love the colors! Great Cards!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...