Saturday, March 30, 2013

Egg-cited about Easter for Heart 2 Heart Challenge, Cuttlebug Mania and Fantabulous Cricut

Happy Easter!  Heart 2 Heart is a challenge blog featuring (mostly) Close to My Heart products and I have lots of these!  For my Easter cards this year I wanted to use the CTMH Artiste cartridge to cut out words from Spring Iris cardstock--although it is retired it is a great purple for Easter and I have lots of it in my stash.  (The cricut cuts are from page 73 Shift Spring at 1.5" and from page 66 Accent 2 N at 1"). I glued them (little dabs of Tombow adhesive) onto a white daisy panel that was dry embossed with a Darice folder called Floral Border. (I hope CTMH offers dry embossing soon!)  I then used Close to My Heart chalks--also retired--to color the flowers and the stems. The flower centers have a little drop of Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel.. (I'm not sure why the stems look so grey--they are actually a pale garden green.)  I mounted them onto Spring Iris, Buttercup or Taffy and mailed them to family members.  I'm also entering this card into the Cuttlebug Mania challenge to make an Easter item and Fantabulous Cricut #154--Easter Greetings.



If you have a lot of Close to My Heart products and love to enter challenges that feature these products I encourage you to try Color My Heart Color Dare.  This week's challenge is to use Hollyhock, Blush, Sunset and Outdoor Denim (Claire colors) in a papercrafted project.  We would love to have you play along with us!  There is also a prize to be awarded to the winner--Hollyhock Zipper Lace and Blue and Green Expoxy bubbles.


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie


8 comments:

Kerry said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining in with our Easter Challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

Missy said...

So pretty, I llike the flower paper you used! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

Nana said...

Beautiful cards. TFS Happy Easter

Have a great day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Kim's Kreations said...

Love the colors. Very Spring and Easter. I also like the embossing. Thanks for joing our Easter challenge at FCCb. Kim Ogden

Lynn B. said...

Lovely cards, very classic. Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week. Happy Easter!

Deneen said...

What great Easter cards, I love how you chalked the embossing, it adds such a soft touch. Thanks for joining the Easter Challenge at Cuttlebug Mania.

Heather said...

Pretty cards! The font is lovely and I really like the background paper. Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

AmyT said...

Cute card. Thanks for playing with us at FCCB.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...