Thursday, February 21, 2013

Color Dare #31--Buttercup, Honey and Sunset with a Mojo Monday Sketch

Welcome back to my blog--I appreciate your readership!  This week's Color My Heart Color Dare #31 features analogous colors (next to each other on the color wheel) of Close To My Heart colors Buttercup, Honey and Sunset.  I used the Mojo Monday Sketch #281 to compose my card. This first card features cuts from the Art Philosophy cartridge and the 2" Scallop Circle Punch.  The flowers were cut from page 21 of the Art Philosophy handbook--layer, shift at 2". The birthday greeting in the bottom circle is from Salutation Seals set and was stamped with Honey ink and popped up with 3D Foam Tape.  These circles and a Kraft stripe (stamped with Ritzy Ribbon in Sunset ink) are over a piece of patterned paper from Buttercup Fleur des Jardines (retired CTMH) and this is over Honey cardstock.


I really liked the sketch and wanted to create another card using it along with these colors so I changed the background to Kraft which was dry embossed with the "Bricked" folder from Tim Holtz.  I punched 3 circles using the 2" Scallop Circle Punch and stamped the medallion from Love Life in the 3 different colors.   Opaque Mocha Adhesive gems were used for the the circle centers and on top of the sunset patterned strip from Olivia paper (retired CTMH).


I can't decide which card I like better--what do you think?

Here is the Mojo Monday sketch that inspired me:


We hope that you will undertake our color challenge and enter it into Color Dare #31
 
 If you do not have the exact Close to My Heart colors please feel free to substitute something similar.  Please provide a direct link back to your blog and include a link back to Color My Heart Color Dare.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

4 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

Oh...it's good to be back with my Color Dare girls. I missed you all last week! Love what you did with the sketch.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

I love those layered flowers! Nice job with two versions! That is a fantastic brick embossing folder. I always discover new stamps that I have when I see your cards, lol! Thanks, Marie!

sarahstone said...

Marie, I love both your cards! I think I love the first one better because of the flowers, but that brick background in Kraft is so cool! I can't get over how cool that looks, and I need to get that embossing folder!!! Oh, and that paper you used for the background on the first card is wonderful. I've never seen it before.

canadian_liner said...

Both cards have great dimension, but I like the first because those big sunny blooms are just yummy. Great takes on the Mojo MOnday sketches, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...