Sunday, May 27, 2012

Color My Heart Color Dare #1

Thank you Sarah Stone for posting this color challenge blog using Close To My Heart colors! This first challenge is to use monochromatic colors of Amethyst, Petal and Smoky Plum. These are colors that I have never used together before so I was intrigued by this challenge. I get "bonus points" for also using a sketch from the Wishes Card Confidence Book found on page 61. The card dimensions are 8" x 3.5". The patterned paper is from CTMH Paper Garden (retired). The greeting is from the Feb. 2012 Stamp of the Month called s1201 Thoughtful Tidings and was stamped on Colonial White CS with Smoky Plum ink. A piece of wall seam tape and prisma glitter was attached to the Smoky Plum paper. The flowers are from Hooray Bouquet. I used 3/8" punched circles from holographic paper (from Dollar Store gift bags) for the flower centers.
Which flower centers do you like better--silver or purple? Thanks for stopping by....

5 comments:

sarahstone said...

Marie, I saw your post on the BB, so I came right over to see your blog post. That is so neat how you used wall seam tape on your card! I never would have thought of that. I love the look of it. And your stamp reminds me to get out that stamp set (I haven't seen that particular stamp used yet). I also love the holographic paper. CTMH should get some of that, eh? Thanks again for participating!

Sarah

Julia Hammond said...

I like the purple centers:)

Julia

Carol Loftus said...

I love this card! Very fun!!!!

Sheryl Driver said...

I really like your card. I prefer the purple centers. It's hard to really tell online. I use a lot of sparkles and in person I would probably like the silver.

Smith said...

Pretty Card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...