Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wicked--August Stamp of the Month

In my last post I showed a non-Halloween card made using the Close To My Heart August Stamp of the Month called Wicked. Today I'm posting a Halloween card using the greeting from the same set so you can look in the previous post to see what is included in the stamp set. For my design I used a pattern from the Wishes Card Confidence book which was card #2 in the Season's Greetings workshop with CTMH colors Colonial White, Sunset, Gypsy and Black. The greeting stamp fits perfectly into the "Shape 1" pattern from the new CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. I used Gypsy ink for the greeting and Black ink to distress the edges of the card front and greeting. I used a background stamp from the Harvest Happiness (C1436) stamp set which is in the new catalog. The greeting is mounted over some raffia--doesn't it look as if it could have come from a witch's broom? Some of the paper edges were distressed with the distressing tool. This was a really simple card to do. I hope you've enjoyed checking it out and I hope that it inspires you to create cards that are fun for you too. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...