Sunday, February 24, 2013

Birthday Card using CAS Study Challenge #129 Inspiration

This week at Color My Heart Color Dare Sarah Stone made a lovely card using the CAS Study Challenge and I decided to do it also. Thanks, Sarah, for the inspiration!  I really like dry embossing and I've had this Darice Diagonal Stripe folder for a while and thought it would work nicely in this sketch.  I am a Navy mom whose sailor son is having a birthday soon and that's why I did it in red, white and blue (Cranberry, White Daisy and retired Star Spangled Blue)--I'm actually going to mail this card!   The stars were cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge (page 40 star 5) at 1" and stamped with the small star from the Love Life set.   I cut thin strips of CS and mounted the stars on top of them with 3D Foam Tape.  The birthday greeting was stamped in Black ink with the Card Chatter--Birthday set.


Here is the CAS Study Challenge Inspiration:

 

Here is Sarah's card that I loved so much:

 

Please consider joining in our color challenge this week at Color My Heart Color Dare--there is a new stamp set prize to be won this week!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie



3 comments:

  1. So clever to turn this into a patriotic card. The stars and strips look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous patriotic take on the inspiration! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun & patriotic card!
    Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...